- If you’re just starting an account, the profile name should be your name or something professional
- Link your profile to your LinkedIn profile or other websites you have (you can start your own website to post your resume on for free at sites like wex.com)
- Follow people in your field, those you admire, corporate and third party recruiters, hiring managers, and companies that might be interested in you and your work.
- Retweet or favorite posts. This complements those who tweeted and is a great way to start building relationships.
- Share info with influencers. This gives you the opportunity to get noticed by them and their followers.
- Use the search function to find conversations based on keywords, for example: #Executive Assistant Jobs or #hiring
- Let followers know you’re looking for a job. (If you’re still working, this is assuming you’re not connected with colleagues or anyone connected with your boss–such public statements that you’re looking can get you fired before you’ve found your next lily pad.)